chicago tournament information 2013
The Third Annual Windy City Open - going back to Gatsby's. Lots of giveaways for all players. We will keep you posted on possibly some bigger door prizes.
All matches to be played on Pedestals and 2013 Courses.
WHEN: THURSDAY June 20th - SUNDAY June 23rd
WHERE: Gatsby's Pizza & Pub
427 E Rand Road
Arlington Heights IL 60004
ph# (847) 253-7200
There are two current options:
Block Rate Red Roof Inn Chicago - OHare in Arlington Heights. 847-228-6650 22 West Algonquin Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60005 off I-90; exit at Arlington Heights Rd (from airport)http://www.mapquest.com/The Red Roof Inn: $44.99 (2 dbl beds) per night. The name of the booking is under: Golden Tee The check in code for the special rate of $44.99 is: T102 Can upgrade to $54.99. Which, is for a room with 1 king size bed, refridge & microwave.
Thank You Mr. Stenmark for Option 2 -
- Go to Priceline.com and click on the Hotels tab then click on the "Name Your Own Price" link.
- For the city, enter Arlington Heights, IL and the dates you plan to stay.
- Under Step 1 (area) select check box 3 (Arlington Heights NORTH).
- Under Step 2 (star level) select 3-star upscale.
- For Step 3, name your price. Here, I entered 45. You can try cheaper if you want, but they rejected my $40 offer this far out. If they don't accept your offer, you can try again in 24 hours. Since you have plenty of time, you can try each day for the lowest price possible if you want to hassle with it.
- Enter your name and click Preview Offer.
- You can figure it out from here. You ultimately enter your credit card info, and click "book". The website then negotiates your offer. If it accepts your bid, it bills your card. If it doesn't accept it, it asks you to change some of the criteria with your search. If you want to wait 24 hours, you can bid with the exact same criteria but just try a higher price.
Thurs June 20th 7:30PM: Closest to the Pin
Heads up CTTP playing all 9 holes
Closest after the 9 holes moves on
All ties mean a rematch
$10.00 Entry Fee
Power Events will add $5 for every player entered
Friday June 21st Handicap Tournament 7:30 PM
Match Play Handicapped Tournament based on your GT handicap
Must have valid player card to enter
Satellite Qualifier for Main Event
$25.00 Entry Fee
Saturday June 22nd Noon - PLAYER AUCTION & MAIN EVENT $4,500 Added
Qualifying to start immediately afterwards
5 Course Qualifier
$100 Entry Fee -- $20.00 optional Hole in One side pot during qualifier
Top 32 players with best combined score on all 5 courses advance to Championship Bracket on Sunday.
All remaining players who played in the qualifier advance to the 'Purple Bracket' on Sunday as well with
Purple Bracket Minimum payout of:
$300 First Place -- $200 Second Place -- $100 Third Place
$50 Power Events Golden Tee Gift Card to the highest qualifier on each course and $50 Gift Card to the overall top qualifier.
Saturday June 22nd 7:30PM Doubles Tournament
Blind Draw Doubles - Played on Classic Courses. 18 holes on Winner's Side. 9 Holes on Loser's Side.
$15.00 Entry Fee per person
Tournament Director may choose to make this 9 Holes on Winner's and Loser's Side depending on number of signups and pace of play.
Sunday June 23rd: FINALS (32 players) & Purple Bracket Noon Start
Double Elimination Match Play Finals for both the
Championship Bracket & Purple Bracket
All matches to be played on pedestals.
Golf Outing Friday June 21st location to be determined. Graig Kinzler to host. Separate sign up to be posted.
***For All 2013 Power Event Tournaments - If you have played in a Power Event Tournament before & bring a player with you that has never played in one of our events before - You will both receive a $20.00 GT Gift Card as a referral/new player bonus. If the player signs up prior to the event on here, have them declare that they were your referral.***
Jefe has done it again. He has given us 4 FREE Entries to give away to the NIV X in October. We will give one free entry away at Orlando, St Louis, Chicago, and Denver to the 32nd overall qualifier in each event.